Did you know that stress, hormone fluctuations, and medications can disrupt the pH levels of our bodies causing chronic health issues? In October, we will be highlighting women’s wellness and specifically the importance of our body’s pH and its essential roll in maintaining optimal health.
What can I do to prevent and treat yeast infections and to maintain my pH level?
Choose products specially formulated for women’s wellness such as BioFemme from Nelly De Vuyst, COSMOS ORGANIC certified skin care formulas. The BioFemme range is designed to respect our delicate pH and correct the imbalances that can lead to irritation, inflammation and yeast infections.
How can I test my Vaginal pH?
BioFemme makes it easy to test your pH levels on a regular basis with our pH testing strips. To find a location near you please consult our Find a Spa tab on our Nelly De Vuyst website.
Our three favorite BioFemme products to treat, protect and rebalance the vaginal pH:
The BioFemme Cleansing Foam, Zone Control for yeast infections and the pH Soothing or pH Balancing Gels that contain natural prebiotics to stimulate and nourish the proliferation of beneficial bacteria along with ultra soothing actives. Prebiotics are beneficial substances that nourish the probiotics like Lactobacilli. You can find rebalancing prebiotics in the Nelly De Vuyst BioFemme pH Balancing and pH Soothing Gels. They are the ideal way to hydrated, sooth and protect your skin. They are rich in the following three Prebiotics:
- Inulin is a natural polysaccharide prebiotic extracted from chicory root. It nourishes our lactobacilli flora and inhibits pathogenic bacteria.
- Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide is an extract from natural sugars found in starches. It stimulates the antimicrobial peptides released by our skin cells. Selectively protects and stimulates the beneficial microbial skin flora.
- Pullulan is an extract from the biofermentation of starch. It forms a moisturizing non-occlusive film that fixes water molecules on the surface that immediately improves the texture and tone of the skin.
What lifestyle changes can I incorporate to ensure healthy pH levels through my body?
- Hydration is the first step in optimal health: drink enough filtered water throughout the day.
- Incorporate raw microbiome friendly foods such as: non-GMO organic green leafy veggies, berries, clean proteins, whole grains and heathy fats.
- Avoid acid forming food such as processed meat, fried food, refined white flour, sugar and caffeine.
- Supplement with probiotics as needed.
One thought on “Prebiotics to Treat, Protect and Rebalance the Vaginal pH”
would love some samples to try for my female clients. body and wellness center .