With the approach of warmer weather, there’s nothing like the sun to recharge our batteries, stock up on vitamin D and display a wealth of radiant health. Despite its undeniable benefits to our physical and mental health, the sun is still the major factor involved in the acceleration of skin aging and the appearance of skin cancers. Protect yourself by understanding the influence of the sun on the skin.
BENEFITS OF SMALL DOSE
10 minutes a day of sun exposure before 11 am or after 4 pm is enough to benefit from the positive effects of the sun. The benefits of sun exposure on the skin in a controlled manner include:
- Improving the state of certain skin diseases such as psoriasis, vitiligo or eczema
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects
- Vitamin D production by the skin is necessary for the binding of calcium to the bone
The harmful effects of UVA and UVB associated with excessive sun exposure are manifested in the short and long term.
- Thickening of the dead cells layer invisible to the naked eye but responsible for the breakout of acne days after exposure
- Allergy: the sun weakens the skin’s natural defense systems making the skin more sensitive and responsive to its environment
- Premature skin aging: UVs dry out the skin’s surface, destroy skin cells, elastin and collagen fibers resulting in a loss of skin elasticity, dryness and thickening that reveal wrinkles and brown spots
- Cancers: Generating free radicals, UV rays can damage the DNA of cells involved in the manifestation of skin cancers especially on areas subject to sunburn
SAFELY ENJOY THE BENEFITS OF THE SUN WITH NELLY DE VUYST
Nelly De Vuyst® SPF 30 Emulsion UVA UVB Protection offers a triple protection against UVA, UVB and free radicals. Anti-aging and anti-oxidant, it prevents premature aging and helps to preserve a youthful and optimal protection of your skin. Oil-free, hypoallergenic and paraben-free, its fine texture is ideal for oily and sensitive skin. An essential day cream to use and abuse in both winter and summer. Apply every two hours during exposure to sunlight.
DID YOU KNOW?
The sun generates free radicals which oxidize the sebum to the skin surface causing the appearance of blackheads. Prevent blackheads with Nelly De Vuyst® Purifying Extract.