Did you know that the texture of your moisturizer plays an important role in your overall skin care, depending on your skin type? Choosing the right moisturizer can become a challenge when textures are involved … Let’s determine what differentiates a “cream” from a “gel” and discover the best option according to your skin type.
Beyond texture, gels and creams differ from the point of view of their formulation. Gel moisturizers have a more watery and lighter structure than creams do. They contain humectant ingredients which are capable of capturing water molecules in the epidermis, such as hyaluronic acid, natural moisturizing factors or even polysaccharides. This is why gels provide hydration without a greasy finish. They are preferable for oily skin or those looking for a matte effect without shine. They are also suitable for anyone wishing to opt for a lighter moisturizer during warmer seasons.
Creamy moisturizers have a richer, more emollient texture than gels, due to their superior composition in fat. Fats include namely butters and vegetable oils, however they also include essential fatty acids, Vitamin F or phospholipids. Thus, creams will have a nourishing, protective and softening effect on the skin. They will be particularly suitable for dry, rough or sensitive skin, especially during the winter season.
Gel creams combine the properties of both gels and creams. They are suitable for dehydrated and/or mixed skin types.
YOUR TREATMENT ACCORDING TO YOUR SKIN TYPE
- DRY : Choose Nelly De Vuyst® Dry Skin Cream. This ultra-nourishing cream, rich in essential fatty acids and natural moisturizing factors will moisturize dry skin with long lasting effect, while providing comfort, suppleness and softness.
- DEHYDRATED : Opt for Nelly De Vuyst® Hydrocell Plus Cream. Its gel-cream texture, ultra-rich in peptides and hyaluronic acid humectants, will restore moisture to the skin without leaving a greasy film on the surface of the skin.
- OILY : Choose the Nelly De Vuyst® Oily Skin Gel-Cream or even the Purifying Gel BioAcne. These two ultra light, alcohol-free textures will normalize sebum production while providing moisture to the skin without leaving an oily or shiny finish.
WHEN YOU HAVE MATURE SKIN, LACKING IN TONE AND YOUR SKIN IS…
- DRY : Apply Nelly De Vuyst® Cellular-Matrix Cream, which is ultra-nourishing, restorative and regenerating. Its creamy texture is composed of borage seed oil and salmon DNA to bring comfort, suppleness and youth to the skin. Another option: Cream BioTense rich in biopolymers and fragmented hyaluronic acid. This light and velvety cream will bring hydration and comfort to the skin from the first application, as well as ensure a softer, firmer skin day after day.
- DEHYDRATED : Choose Nelly De Vuyst® Lifting Complex Cream, which is rich in pentapeptides, hyaluronic acid and natural moisturizing factors. Its light, gel-cream texture will absorb perfectly into your skin to maintain hydration, fill wrinkles and restore the youth and firmness to the entire face without leaving a greasy film..
- OILY : Use Nelly De Vuyst® Lifting Plus Gel. Ultra light and non-greasy, this gel is rich in “water capturing” ingredients derived from honey and hyaluronic acid to maintain the hydration and freshness of the skin. From the first application, it will provide an immediate lifting and tightening effect without a shiny film.
One thought on “Gel or Cream? Which To Choose For Your Moisturizer?”
I recommended moisture. because gel causes some serious hair loss issues and dandruff.