In today’s blog we will take a look at the needs of our skin during summer, whether you are in a humid or dryer climate Nelly De Vuyst® Bio|Science offers you ultra-performing formulas that feel great and provide lasting results. In this article, we will feature our summer pro tips along with our favorite functional formulas that are perfectly suited for the warmer weather.
Depending on the climate where we live, our skin needs will change throughout the year and vary depending on our skin type. During the summer our skin compensates for the hot humid or hot dry climate by creating more sebum. Along with our skin becoming oilier, we can also notice that comedones and acne breakouts can be more common especially in areas with high humidity. If your climate is arid, dry skin symptoms can worsen in the summer despite the increase in sebum production. Richer textures and oils can provide lasting hydration to dry skin types and can extremely beneficial to maintain optimal levels of hydration within the skin.
The textures, actives, and application steps of our skincare routines may need to be adjusted during the summer depending on the needs of your skin. It is also the perfect time of the year to simplify our routine along with selecting formulas that offer multiple benefits to you save time and money without sacrificing results. If you have noticed your skin has reached a plateau, has not improved, or if you have been using the same routine for longer than 6 months, it may be a good time to change up your products and have a more comprehensive approach to our skincare goals.
Here are two Summer skincare essentials that are simple and result orientated.
If you are experiencing oilier skin or are breaking out: Opt for products that have lighter textures and actives targeted to treat and rebalance your skin.
- Foaming Wash Sensitive Skin is an ultra-light foam that deep cleanses while respecting the skin’s pH. It will gradually help to dissolve comedones and gently exfoliates the skin. Cleanse morning and evening for best results.
- Sensitive Skin Toner is a pH balancing formula that contains Witch Hazel, Lavender, and Rose When used daily after cleansing it can prevent and help control acne breakouts. Use a Ph Toner immediately after cleansing to prevent breakouts and it can be used as a makeup setting spray and to refresh the skin as needed thought the day
- A summer essential like the VitaLift-C HA Serum is rich anti-aging actives that help to better protect our skin from UVA and UVB damage, when layered under sunscreen in the morning it provides the skin with an optimal dose of microencapsulated Vitamin C and Fractionated Hyaluronic Acid.
If you are experiencing dryer skin, select richer formulas that help to reduce Trans Epidermal Water Loss(TWEL) and lock in essential hydration. The following steps are recommended Moring and evening.
- Cleansing Milk Cellular-Matrix: This restorative cleanser, oxygenates the skin while imparting nourishing actives and can also be used on the eye contour
- Soothing Lotion: This anti-inflammatory essence instantly reduces discomfort, itching, and the sensations of tightness associated with dry skin types and arid climates.
- Radiance Cream and Oil are synergistic blends of brightening actives and nourishing lipids. The Radiance Cream is ideal during the day to improve discolorations and can be layered under sunscreen of optimal hydration that lasts thought the day. The Radiance Oil is rich in Evening Primerose Oil, Melatonin, and Glycogen that instantly nourishes and revitalizes your skin while you sleep.
Coming soon are 2 new additions to our Solar collection with the NEW BIOSOLAR Color Lift Tinted Sunscreen SPF 30: This lightweight moisturizer is suitable for all skin types and contains light-reflecting micro-pigments for an instant healthy glow and flawless complexion. Rich in plumping and collagen-boosting ingredients, BioSolar ColorLift helps minimize the appearance of pores and wrinkles while ensuring a progressive lifting effect. This mineral-rich SPF 30 formula provides a high level of protection against UVA and UVB rays, urban pollution, and high-energy visible light.
Pro-tip: One of the most important recommendations to keep your skin happy and healthy this summer is to opt for a weekly enzymatic exfoliation weekly and limit the use of harsh exfoliants that can increase your sensitivity to the sun. We love the instant cooling and refreshing benefits of the Exfoliating Gel Sensitive Skin during the summer. It’s a great 2 in 1 functional formula for the face and can be applied to the eye contour, its exfoliating and decongesting benefits can be seen from the first application as it helps to improve the microcirculation of the skin dissipating dark circles and discoloration.
Simplify and elevate your skincare routine with Nelly De Vuyst ® and enjoy the summer with perfectly protected skin.