Rosacea is a long-term skin condition that affects 1% to 10% of people, mostly women. It is a common genetic skin condition but it can be successfully managed with the right regimen.
Treating rosacea and controlling the symptoms as soon as possible is of utmost importance. Nelly De Vuyst® has developed a line of products designed specifically to control rosacea symptoms and prevent future outbreaks.
What is rosacea?
Rosacea is a persistent redness over the areas of the face and nose that normally blush; mainly the forehead, the chin, and the lower half of the nose are affected.
The subcutaneous blood vessels in these areas dilate and become more visible through the skin, appearing as small red lines (telangiectasia). Acne-like pimples may also occur.
A good treatment strategy would consist of calming skin irritation, itching and discomfort. It is recommended to contact your skincare professional in order to receive a complete treatment program adapted to your skin.
Here is a basic 4 steps care routine for sensitive and/or rosacea-prone skin types.
Cleanse your skin with the Sensitive Skin Foaming Wash
Use daily, morning and evening. Gently moisten your face and neck, and apply the Foaming Wash. Allow it to lightly foam by delicately massaging with fingers. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and pat dry.
The Sensitive Skin Foaming Wash:
- Gently cleanses and protects the skin from impurities and bacteria.
- Respects the hydrolipidic film and pH of the most sensitive skin.
- The complex of floral waters maintains the integrity of the skin.
- Obstructs inflammatory mediators to soothe reactive skin.
Balance the PH of the skin with the Sensitive Skin Toner
After cleansing your face, spray the Toner on your face and neck, avoiding contact with eyes. Proceed with a light massage of the skin for better penetration of the product.
The Sensitive Skin Toner:
- Balances and maintains skin’s pH at 5.5.
- Maintains the balance of the hydrolipidic film.
- Promotes a good penetration of the active ingredients.
- As a decongestant, it reduces redness and softens the skin.
- Prevents the overproduction of sebum.
Prevent outbreaks and soothe your skin with the Sensitive Skin Essential Concentrate
Apply this oil locally to read and swollen areas of the face. The soothing and antiseptic botanical ingredients of the product assist in promoting a healthier looking skin and a clearer complexion.
The Sensitive Skin Essential Concentrate:
- Eliminates the Demodex Folliculorum involved in rosacea acne.
- Prevents the appearance of redness and future proliferation of mites.
- Protects the skin from free radical-related aggressions.
- Improves the tolerance level of the skin.
- Strengthens the skin’s immune system.
Moisturize and protect your skin with the Sensitive Skin Cream
End your regimen by applying this cream . Massage until complete penetration of the product.
The Sensitive Skin Cream:
- Provides all essential fatty acids to restore the skin’s protective barrier
- Maintains all hydration of the skin on a daily basis
- Anti-inflammatory, it decreases the hyper-reactivity of sensitive skin
- Promotes good skin microcirculation and effectively prevents redness
- Provides daily antioxidant and anti-pollution protection
To complete your skin care routine, it is essential to protect your skin daily from UV rays. In fact, the sun is one of the major triggers and aggravators of rosacea symptoms. Use a mineral sunscreen during the day such as the Nelly De Vuyst organic SPF 30 Mineral protection.
Your recommended products
Not quite sure what your main skin concern is?
Are you taking the right steps to care for your skin? Answer a few simple questions and discover a daily routine to help you achieve younger, healthier skin.Take the quiz